“Our government will continue to get it done and deliver on our plan to grow our economy and build infrastructure. So pleased to see the new structuring of our Executive Council – we have a lot of work ahead and our team is ready to deliver for the people of Ontario.” – Effie Triantafilopoulos MPP
Premier Ford Unveils New Cabinet to Build Ontario
Today, Premier Doug Ford unveiled his new cabinet with an experienced team that will deliver on the government’s ambitious agenda to build the infrastructure necessary to unlock the full potential of the province’s economy, including highways, transit and the road to the Ring of Fire.
The new Executive Council includes the following:
- Doug Ford, Premier of Ontario and Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Sylvia Jones, Deputy Premier and Minister of Health
- Peter Bethlenfalvy, Minister of Finance
- Paul Calandra, Minister of Long-Term Care, Minister of Legislative Affairs and Government House Leader
- Raymond Cho, Minister for Seniors and Accessibility
- Steve Clark, Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
- Doug Downey, Attorney General
- Jill Dunlop, Minister of Colleges and Universities
- Vic Fedeli, Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade, with an additional mandate for small business
- Michael Ford, Minister of Citizenship and Multiculturalism
- Merrilee Fullerton, Minister of Children, Community and Social Services
- Parm Gill, Minister of Red Tape Reduction
- Michael Kerzner, Solicitor General
- Stephen Lecce, Minister of Education
- Neil Lumsden, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport
- Monte McNaughton, Minister of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development
- Caroline Mulroney, Minister of Transportation and Minister of Francophone Affairs
- David Piccini, Minister of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
- Graydon Smith, Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry
- George Pirie, Minister of Mines, with a mandate to develop the Ring of Fire
- Kaleed Rasheed, Minister of Public and Business Service Delivery
- Greg Rickford, Minister of Northern Development and Minister of Indigenous Affairs
- Prabmeet Sarkaria, President of the Treasury Board, with an expanded mandate for emergency management and procurement, including Supply Ontario
- Todd Smith, Minister of Energy
- Kinga Surma, Minister of Infrastructure, with an additional mandate for government real estate
- Lisa Thompson, Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Stan Cho, Associate Minister of Transportation
- Michael Parsa, Associate Minister of Housing
- Michael Tibollo, Associate Minister of Mental Health and Addictions
- Charmaine Williams, Associate Minister of Women’s Social and Economic Opportunity
It was an honour to be sworn in for a second term as the MPP for Oakville North-Burlington in the 43rd Parliament. I am humbled to serve our great community for the next four years. Thank you for your support and trust. With Premier Ford’s leadership we will continue to work on behalf of all Ontarians.
I joined more than 250 people for Heartache2Hope’s 5-kilometre Inaugural Walk2Remember to celebrate life and remember loved ones lost to suicide. Heartache2Hope is a Halton-based charity that offers support to individuals who have experienced a suicide loss.
In 2021, they supported 312 people and their families in the Halton/Peel/Hamilton area. This year, between January and March, over 160 individuals accessed their support services. Thank you for the meaningful impact you make in our community. To donate to Heartache2Hope please visit https://heartache2hope.com/donate/
|It was a pleasure to visit the Vaishnodevi Temple in Oakville to thank everyone for their support and celebrate the results of the provincial election. I am honoured by your friendship and thank you for the contributions you make to our Oakville North-Burlington community.|
|Great meeting with the Muslim Association of Milton to announce their receipt of a faith-based grant from the Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Multiculturalism. The funding will help support expenses related to security and safety measures in response to hate-motivated violence.|
|I was honoured to meet with Father Jaroslaw from the St. Volodymyr Cathedral and Cultural Centre to congratulate him on receiving a grant from the Ministry of Citizenship and Multiculturalism for Faith-Based and Cultural Organizations.|
|Great meeting with Aruna and Yugali from the Halton Community and Cultural Association. It was a pleasure to attend your recent kite festival in Burlington. Thank you very much for all the great outreach you do in our community.|
Thank you Tiya for the great work you have done in the co-op placement in my constituency office. It has been a pleasure to get to know you and work with you over these past months. I wish you all the best in your future educational and career path as you graduate from Frank J. Hayden Secondary School!
Thanks again Sanvi for your great work in my office during your co-op placement! A pleasure meeting your parents Vandana and Hemant and discussing the benefits of relevant work experience as students look forward to graduation and next steps on their path to continuous learning.
|Upcoming Events in our Community
Oakville Festivals of Film and Art, the Ukrainian World Foundation, Zirkova Vodka, and Chantal Kreviazuk are hosting a fundraiser to support Ukrainian relief efforts. As part of the 9th Annual Oakville Film Festival, this Ukrainian Arts Festival Gala Fundraiser will occur on Saturday, 25th June at 7PM, at the Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts.
Tickets are available at www.offa.ca for $75 or for $250 for a pre-show cocktail meet and greet with Grammy-Award winning singer-songwriter, Chantal Kreviazuk.
The festival will feature authentic Ukrainian film, performance, dance, and art, and funds raised will go towards emergency medical and humanitarian support. The event will also have a live auction, and an auction of local Ukrainian art.
Please consider buying a ticket to attend this event and support the freedom and democracy of Ukraine.
Legislative Page Program Accepting Applications Until July 11
Applications for the Fall 2022 term of the Legislative Page program are now being accepted until July 11! For more information on this excellent opportunity please visit the Legislative Assembly of Ontario website at https://www.ola.org/en/visit-learn/programs/about-page-program.
June 20 – 26: Halton Healthcare’s Week of Recognition and Thanks
This week is Halton Healthcare’s Week of Recognition & Thanks for staff, physicians and volunteers. Despite the pandemic and all its challenges, Halton Healthcare has continued to provide high quality and compassionate care to patients and families. Thank you for your unwavering commitment to provide quality healthcare for our community!
To say thank you to out frontline healthcare workers this week, please put a yellow heart in your window.
Oakville North-Burlington Spirit Awards
In recent months, I have been proud to honour a number of volunteers who have contributed to our community during the COVID-19 crisis. Thank you for your community spirit. If you would like to nominate a member of our community who has gone above and beyond to contribute to the community during the pandemic, please contact my office and let me know.